My brother Dallin was a Christmas Eve baby.
I had a Native American cousin before I was born, but he was taken away. His name was Eric.
Sometimes we stay up late wrapping gifts for the grandbabies. Santa has special wrapping paper.
We make sugar cookies for Santa. I take a bite and drink the milk after the kids go to bed.
So goodnight moon, goodnight you, when you're all that I think about.
My parents saw that I was wearing torn up shoes and ripped jeans.
They bought me a new pair of boots and jeans.
Sometimes me and my brother Ryan get together and he plays guitar and I play piano and we sing (or sign) after the kids went to bed.
"The Lord made 'em cute so you wouldn't kill 'em."
My Aunt Melanie has dogs for children. She's the greatest aunt. Ever.
B is the greatest dog. Ever. And I couldn't love a dog more than her.
I need a dog.
"You're not as little as Sophie anymore but you're still just as cute."
Sleeping on couches is not the most comfortable thing. But I prefer them to air mattresses.
Do you hear me, I'm talking to you - across the water, across the deep blue ocean
My brother is singing Happy Hanukah... We're not even slightly jewish.
"You don't even like to think your parents have sex, do you?"
"No. I refuse. I came here by stork."
I really like my boyfriend and I sorta miss him. But just a little bit.
Taking pictures is the best. But hard to do when you're chasing four and two year olds around.
Guitar tabs. Piano tabs. Piano is so much easier.
I'm crazy for trying, crazy for crying, and I'm crazy for loving you.
Tickle torture anyone?
"This is not for you, but Happy Christmas!"
And sometimes while looking at family photos I start missing my long hair really, really badly.
Cleared my wedding present with my dad. It's a family heirloom hope chest. He'll get it fixed for me.
I don't have any plans to get married anytime soon.
"Ah, B minor.... I know B minor... Ah! THIS! This is B minor!"
I am so tired. Santa's come and gone. We're waking at seven. Hang out at eight. Leave by nine.
I'm probably driving, mostly. Ick.
"MAMA! Mama, I'm sorry mama! MaMA! I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Okay, maybe not really, but really!"
"Oh, quit it." Whack*
My brother Dallin was born in September.
Life is such a poem, isn't it.
ReplyDelete