Your First Love
First thing I thought upon hearing the prompt: "When I was 13, I had my first love."
Name that song... That's right, I just quoted a Beibs song. Ooh yeah!
Anyways *ahem* back to business. I shall talk about real legitimate shtuff because I am in a totally serious mood at the moment to be talking about this particular subject *sarcasm*. Did you know one of my friend's from high school just got engaged yesterday? Yeah, totally rockin'. Sorry, off topic.
Let's try again: My first love: Neal (totally talking about him using his middle name, look at me rock this whole 'confidentiality' shtuff). He was the first one that made it past the infatuation stage and onto the I-am-totally-committed-to-you-for-reals-and-not-just-because-you're-totally-hott stage - and let me tell you, not a lot of my dating experiences really move onto the latter stage. It was a big deal.
I really loved him, ya know? Which is weird to say because when I met him I didn't believe in love at all.
From the start we always seemed to fit in all the right places, from being able to talk for hours on end about anything to understanding each other better than anyone else we ever knew.
We both swore I could read his mind at any given moment and I was always amazed at how he picked up on these little quirks I had that sometimes I didn't even knew I did. ((For a random example: back then I used to say "Want to know something funny. . . blah blah blah" and that little before phrase was my way of down playing something that I actually believed to be a big deal.))
It just worked and then it didn't anymore - which I realize sometimes happens in real life.
This kid taught me a lot - It was an amazing first love.
I still look for someone who is going to understand me as well as he used to, still looking for that buddy to talk to about anything and everything, and for that someone who is going to be head over heels for me - which are things he showed me were possible.
But I'm also straying away from all the bad qualities he displayed (but we won't go bashin' on).
Anything else you want to know about my first love?
MMM... and bed time!
I really loved him, ya know? Which is weird to say because when I met him I didn't believe in love at all.
From the start we always seemed to fit in all the right places, from being able to talk for hours on end about anything to understanding each other better than anyone else we ever knew.
We both swore I could read his mind at any given moment and I was always amazed at how he picked up on these little quirks I had that sometimes I didn't even knew I did. ((For a random example: back then I used to say "Want to know something funny. . . blah blah blah" and that little before phrase was my way of down playing something that I actually believed to be a big deal.))
It just worked and then it didn't anymore - which I realize sometimes happens in real life.
This kid taught me a lot - It was an amazing first love.
I still look for someone who is going to understand me as well as he used to, still looking for that buddy to talk to about anything and everything, and for that someone who is going to be head over heels for me - which are things he showed me were possible.
But I'm also straying away from all the bad qualities he displayed (but we won't go bashin' on).
Anything else you want to know about my first love?
MMM... and bed time!
No comments:
Post a Comment