09 January 2012

This Is My Soap Box

I am stepping onto the soap box...

There is this idea in my head, a few of them actually, that I just can't get rid of. There are ideas of things I feel so passionately about at times that I just don't know what to do with... These ideas are what I want to do with my life, what I want to my legacy to be, what I want create.
There is so much happening out there. So much that I don't believe I can even comprehend the magnitude, nor the tragedy, nor the persistance of. I have this idea of being able to travel and research and document and publish in such a way that everyone would have to listen. Everyone would react and everyone would throw aside their passive behavior, their ignorance and do something for the well being of others or even just the well being of themselves. I have been watching countless movements, documentaries, organization promotional videos and I can't help but say to myself: "I want to do that. I want to spread awareness. I want to do Social Work on the Macro level in this artistic way. I want to produce wide spread change." There is so much that I feel needs to be addressed in this world: poverty, women oppression, economy collapses, wars, neglect, famine... and sometimes I feel like no one is doing anything about it. So why don't I do something about it? Why don't I just tell them all why they should do something about it? Why not I?
I guess in short, I just want to change the world one documentary/movement/message/organization at a time. And I am terrified to even try but I can't help but desire it, long for it, dream of it with every cell in me.

I really do want to change the world.



Okay.
Stepping off the Soap Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment