So, I apologize for not writing the past few weeks. Things have been a little crazy with going about the first week of school, getting back into the groove at work, a lot of parties, sending off people to foreign countries, and just trying to breathe through it all!
It seems like this semester is going to be absolutely crazy... I mean who does 18 credits and has a job? I just want to sleep and never wake up sometimes, which is basically what I did this whole weekend... well that and go to three different parties. No digit handing out though, but I'm alright with that! I don't have time to put any effort into dating anyone right now... haha, maybe this summer?! Yeah.. not then either.
So this semester, I am taking a lot of fun classes! I've got Anthropology 101, Human Behavior and the Environment, Cultural Competence, Computer Science, and Stats 1040! Whoo! Yeah, the first four classes are all based around culture... so by the end of this semester I should be very culturally competent. Perfect for gearing up to travel the world, right? I'm excited for all the classes, but I already feel the stress coming on, I just spent the other day putting down when everything was due in my planner and let's just say that if you want to see me, you're going to have to come here or find me tucked away on campus... Ah, maybe I do want to date someone so I don't completely anti-social. Hahaha, just kidding. Oh! My fun classes this semester are my institute classes and I am so excited for both of them! The first is Family History! I keep thinking that there isn't a whole lot that I can do because I feel like Mom has done so much, but I know there is a lot more to be done... Plus I know this is just going to be way to addicting for me. Haha, oh and I found out my good friend Matt is also taking the class and that is always awesome when you have a friend to sit there and laugh at your stupidity when you get all excited. The other class is Repentance and Forgiveness, which I am taking with Tabs. The teacher is hilarious and I already love the class after only two days. I was considering taking Mission Prep but I think I will save that for summer or just take it as a Sunday School class.
Anyways, this whole beginning of the year has been planning out what adventures me and Tabs are going to attempt. We are planning on Spring Break in Zions. Just looked up a price to rent cabins and if we got a whole car full it could be super duper cheap! So, if you want to join in, let me know! Our Spring Break is March 12 - 16... I think. Then we have a trip to Havasupi planned for August sometime. We need to get a head count on that soon too so we can make reservations because they fill up quick! I just have to say that I really love being a college student. It's the most perfect time to do everything I have ever wanted to do! Next up is going foreign! Hopefully, I'll figure out how I am going to do that exactly... It is driving me crazy to see a bunch of my friends heading off to crazy places like Thailand, Korea, Australia, Austria, Germany! I am getting way too envious... My devious plans are beginning to churn in my head and I am getting anxious to start doing these things as well. I just need to shake these feelings of "I can't" or "I'm too poor" or "I should focus on [insert stupid excuse here]". I just keep making up excuses for everything that I find I would like to do that seems to be a little outlandish... like my photography or the campaigns I want to start... I need to work on that... I guess it's just because I don't think anyone would support me in these decisions... but that's getting a little personal and we're not going to go there today. Moving on! :)
Also part of the brand new year, just like everyone else, I am working on my resolutions! If you hadn't noticed I have started a work out challenge! With it I think I am going to start a whole 'healthy living' series ((you know me and my series)). So, hopefully I can do this whole deal-i-o without killing myself and getting back into shape. I need to start swimming too... :/ Bah!
On top of that I have been wanting to take more photos, so I have started to take a whole bunch of pictures and I am trying to decide if I should post them on here as a series or just start another blog just for my photos... I am currently favoring the latter until I can create my own website. ((Oh side note: I am super excited about my Computer Science class because part of the course is creating your own website and let's just say I have some crazy ideas for mine!))
The third big resolution is I am going to learn how to do something that I have always wanted to learn how to do... I just need to pick which one it is going to be. Learn guitar, gymnastics, work on dancing, cinematography... We'll see what happens I guess. I gave myself the entire year for that one.
Hmm... Well, I don't have much else to tell you so I'll post some pictures and be done for the evening! Catch you later kids!













18 credits woman! Wow! Sounds like you have some fun plans for the year though. Don't work too hard.
ReplyDeleteEasier said than done! But I'll try!
ReplyDelete