#30: Write yourself a letter and tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself.
Disclaimer: I give myself permission to sound incredibly conceited as long as I'm honest for this letter. I believe everyone should be every now and again.
Dear Maceface,
Dear Mooza,
You are stunning. I love how you are a 'timeless beauty.' I love your hair, your eyes, the way your smile makes your whole face light up and affect everyone around you. I love how loud and obnoxious your laugh can be. How your feet have the natural ballerina curve. Your natural gracefulness. Your natural clumsiness. I love the way you worry about everyone else when you should be worrying about yourself. The way you never give up on people, even when everyone else says you should. How easily you love others. How you can put on the tough love act and switch immediately to the cuddly tender-heart.
I love how lazy you can be. How upset you get when you realize how lazy you can be. And how hard you will work to make up for said laziness. I love your determination to succeed. And all your reasons to succeed. I love your ambitions. Your desires. Your temporary confusion when you're unsure whether those ambitions and desires are too worldly or not. I love how you dream of having a home for everyone. I love how alike you are to your father. How much you think about your family and how much you miss them and wish to grow closer to them. Your want to be a good aunt. Your dream of being a good mommy and a marvelous wife.
Macy, I love your funny toes, your muscular arms, your thick working hands. I love the way you lay in bed at night and go through everyone you care about and wonder what you can do for them. I love your fear of spiders and of falling. Your want to be adventurous and your sincere desire to be a true classy 'lady.' I love your taste in music and your love for beautifully written emotions. I love your need to express yourself through your art. The way you grind your teeth and clamp your jaw when you want to chastise someone but would like to do it when you don't feel so angry. I love your desire to be healthy so that you can have healthy children. Your love for food and experimentation. Your spontaneity and your fits of organization and planning everything.
I love your desire for the Temple. To become like Christ. To become like Heavenly Mother. I love you for being the crazy person that you are and for making mistakes and learning from them. I love your willingness to admit you're wrong. The way you get super frustrated when you try to do sudoku puzzles. Your interest in computer hardware, mechanics, furniture making, and chemistry; Interior design, photography, classic literature, and the latest technological gadgets.
I love how you know you can't sing very well but you sing anyways. I love the way you talk when you're talking about something you are passionate about. I love the way you can relate to others. The way you can put yourself in their shoes. The way you always try to see their brighter side. I love how worked up you can get about little things and how easily you will admit that it was stupid, later on. I love how emotions can run your life and how at the times when they aren't swirling around you, you curse yourself for your irrationality. I love how you think in pictures and feelings and words.
I love your love for life. Your hope for better things. Your depth and range of feeling. Your romantic ideas. Your stubborn, independent nature. Your passion for people. Your knowledge of who you are.
I love you. I love being you because you have potential to be something Amazing. And things are in store for you that you cannot even imagine.
Just gotta remember to keep your chin up and wear that confidence proudly and rely on your Lord.
Sincerely,
Me.
P.S. You're okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment