18 June 2011

Do I Even Like Dinosaur's?

June 17th 2011

To You,
Because you're one of the few who I trust with this crazy head of mine, plus I think you'll have some degree of understanding... Here I am in the middle of no where. Sitting on the side of a long winding road, looking out onto miles and miles of gorgeous land. There are open rolling hills softly contrasting to jagged mountains and faults. I long to be out in the midst of them. I want to suddenly grow long feathery wings and fly through the narrow canyons; I want to dive into the swelling rivers and feel the cool water run over my skin and through my hair. I just want to walk through the plains, holding your hand and linger in God's presence, His very own front lawn. It's almost as if this place is a teaser for what lies behind the front doors of His kingdom. My heart is swelling up inside me, as if it has taken in too much; as if I've kept it locked up in such a small place for far too long. I wish you were here with me, holding me close, talking like we used to. Maybe, if you were here, I could find the clarity and sort through the confusion. Just maybe.
Sincerely, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment