03 March 2011

Strange Sight ((I'm not boasting))

"I love your hair and the way it falls."  She says to her.
"I think your nose is cute." Her says to miss.
"You've got some great legs." Miss says to she.
They are all saying such cute things to each other. Why must I be last? What are they going to say to me? Some generic realization as they look upon my undone hair and scarred face? What are they going to say? How I hate these things sometimes. But still, it's cute, it's invigorating. Why am I sitting next to this gorgeous, tall, blonde, looking like I do right now? What would they have to say to me?
"I love your smile. It's so friendly." Thank you. "I really like how genuine you seem." Thank you. "You have an amazing aura. It's bright!" Oh well, thank you! "You have a really great personality." "You seem to glow when you smile!" "I love your hands, they seem gentle and motherly."
It's no about how I look. Never about my curves or the craziness of my hair. It's interesting that through the past years they always seem to comment on my aura, my personality, how I act (not always but a lot of the time). This makes me happy, but it causes me to question... do people really see that? Or was it because I'm usually last in line and they need to say something... not so generic. Do people really see that in me? Or do they stop at the scars on my face, the small waist, or the 'freaky' feet. (bahaha...).

How does one person see another? Do they stop to look at what's underneath? What shines? Where's their light or lack there of? Do people look at the eyes? Do people stop and try to find the emotion behind the stance?
Do you see a pretty face and instantly hate or love her? Or do you see a bounce in their walk and wonder what makes her happy? Do you see the handsome smile or do you see the troubled eyes? What do you look for? What shines most through you? Is it their nature that overrides the other? The outer versus the inner? Or is it in the eye of the on-looker?
Who needs to make the change?

No comments:

Post a Comment