27 February 2011

'You' Times Thirty-Two Plus Six

Comfortable. That's how we are. Comfortable. No expectations. "This is different than that." A small chuckle and it's true. Friends. I trust you. Mostly. But why? "I'm really glad it's just me and you hanging out instead of the whole group... I've been wanting to talk to you." You're famous for your 'talks', should I be nervous? "You seem to carry around a lot of pain." It's true. That's why I'm drawn to you. I've waited so long for someone to take the time to see me. I was hoping you'd see me. I love it here.
It's busy, busy, busy. Moving on. Everyone's coupled off... but we're just friends. I'll do that for you. Why not? I want to help. Then, a touch of your hand and I'm safe. Wait... you're holding on. Do I pull back? What do I do? It feels secure and safe. It feels exactly like what I've longed for. Something safe. I stay. 
"Do you mind if we talk?" Do I? I don't know. I don't want to leave you. We talk. And the hours go by. 
"You're the sweetest person I know." Thank you. I'm trying. "You carry around so much pain and sadness. sometimes you're able to forget and hide it away. Sometimes it engulfs your entire being." I know. But I don't know what it is. Somethings killing me inside... but I don't know what it is... I don't know. Talk. I remember. I cry. It hurts... So much. I just want to make it go away. I don't want to dig it up. I've been burying it down so deep for so long. I can't stop crying. 
I'm opening up to you. All I've ever wanted to do was open up to someone. To trust someone enough to confide in them. And here you are. But I'm still scared. You might leave. You're going to leave. But you're holding me now; you're listening, you're caring, right now. "I'm following." My heart is broken. Help me hold it together. Why can't the pain go away and the tears stop? Why can't I believe that you'll stay? I'm telling you things I've never told another soul. Never. What am I thinking? I realize how much I trust you. Why do I trust you? These things have been building up... I just want you to hold me. 

Why did I kiss you? Why did I like it so much? Why do I suddenly feel so close and so far away? Why can't I stop thinking about it? I didn't see this one coming. I know what my rules are now. But I don't want to follow them. That would mean no more you... And I trust you not to hurt me. 
You couldn't? You just saw all my pain before your eyes. You just saw me.

Addition of Five:
You call and explain. "Now it's different. What are we going to tell people? I owe it to you now. It's different." Why do you have to fall into all the right places? Why must you call and tell me these things? You almost sound like an obligation... Do you even want to? Who knows... We'll see. No more fretting.

No comments:

Post a Comment