It's a New Year. A happy, marvelous, wonderful, new year. I know it's a bit late.. but only by five hours or so. I was just contemplating over a few things... I'm not thinking about the past year because it's the past and I've learned a lot and gotten myself here. It's been a big year. A year without friends, a year of change, a year of mistakes. But in the end it's just another year and all I've got is what's in front of me. A new year.
Tonight, I was with a best friend who has never left me or judged me. Tonight, I kissed a boy that I had just met a few hours prior and now he may end up to become a really great friend. Tonight, I talked about something that is always difficult for me to talk about with someone I think I'm learning how to trust a little too deeply. And tonight, I realized that I want change. Change in not only my life, but change in everything that has to do with me. And I'm starting with my biggest problem first, because once that is completely eliminated I can finally start working on the countless other flaws I have.
So, forget about my flimsy little 'New Years List', I'm not going off that anymore because everything I want for this new year can be put into one: 'To better myself as a human being and a daughter of God'. Excellent. That basically just covers everything that I want for this up coming year and no matter what it takes I am going to do it. Like I heard a few hours ago, "It's worth it."
I want to stay on track for this one. And by golly, I'm going to do it! There is too much in store for my this next year! I will do this. And this year will literally change the rest of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment