Snow covered red. Moon rocks set shimmering over wrinkled skin.
There are stories of crickets, looks that make me feel vintage.
A few days create colorful glasses in a grey, frozen world.
I'm feeling strange and oblique - Standing on the edge of emotional mountains
Teetering on flat woven string reaching for hands or shoulders of support.
I am flowering, growing upwards towards that same moon on wobbly stems.
Breaking genetic traditions, I'm vying for attentions outside my little box.
I will strip off the layers of faces and plead with your gods just for a smile,
But what has divinity ever done for the content yet morose?
My gods are just as real, just as valiant and good as yours.
Leave me be. Learn to accept the difference of enjoyment.
There's a reason they tell us to breathe deep and savor the moment.
No reason for me to fade away. No death. Just choice.
The water rushing past my ears, I'm swimming in the ocean's waves.
A few more days and they'll be chemical reactions or static voids.
Knotted string wrapped cozily around smooth porcelain. Snow covered me.
No comments:
Post a Comment