I wrote this on June 27th 2010. It's probably one of my favorite things I ever wrote. Weird I know. It's somewhere here in this blog but I didn't want to go find it. So, I'll just repost it because it sort of has an applicable nature to me right now.
An Image of Colored Glass
If I could open up my mouth
And let the feelings all spill out
Gush on the floor like running water
Touch your toes and fill your heart
I'm an awful poet, & poetically disastrous
Look at me. Spectacular, Dull, and Cautious;;
The movements we make are robotic and slow
Flickering lights, a car speeding by
Music plays on and words begin to form
If I could suddenly grow wise
I'd speak words of wisdom and grace
Then like vines they'd grow and intertwine
Up, up, up and around your limbs
I'm a devoted lover, & lovingly hopeless
Look here. Faded night, a calming silence, and soothing blue;;
As the words are falling
The truth seeps through the cracks and bursts
Slowly, Mechanically, Contiguous minds reel
If I could I would be your pillar
Not made from salt or sand,
But granite, marble, timber, or oak
Standing tall, I'd touch you softly and pains would soothe
I'm a simple human, & humanly sympathetic
Look. How I stand, like a knight awaiting dame.
Breathing comes synthetically
A metallic sweet taste remains on my tongue
Suddenly the glass shatters and the music stops;;
No comments:
Post a Comment