25 March 2013

20 Minute Thought

I'm staring out the window. Hoping the beautiful sunlight will warm my little patch of planet enough to wear shorts and dance barefoot in the grass. Soon, I think to myself and smile at the quiet afternoon I'm participating in versus the productive one I should be executing.
Time didn't seem so slow today. I enjoyed a walk around my area, a chance to take the photos I have been seeing in my head, and a solid hour of just me in a dark room - listening to Iron & Wine and Taking Back Sunday.
You know, they say that if you live in the moment at all times, you'll be happier. I always wondered how you could constantly be living in the moment when you always have deadlines and other frivolous things to plan for. It starts making sense when you take a moment to just to be.
I lay there on my plush bed staring out the window, watching the sunlight fade into a twilight. I don't think. I don't move. I just take one breath after another, focusing on how exhausted and awake my body feels all the time. All of right this very moment. My legs tangled around a pillow wanting to be stronger, my earrings smushed uncomfortably between my pillow and my head, and how small my waist feels as I hold it.
There are things to be done and I feel confident in my abilities to get them done, but not right now. It's time to not distract myself. It's time to hold still and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment