It's like forgetting to notice you're alive.
Forgetting how beautifully random and miraculous that fact is.
I noticed my bathroom rug - which I've had for over a year now. It's yellow and dingy, the fluffy inviting look it used to have has all but disappeared.
For some reason though... today, it was as if I had first bought it again and I melted at it's curly strings wrapping up between my toes, tickling my skin.
I stopped for a moment as I was about to hop in the shower and thought to myself
- That is what magic is.
Delight. Simple melting moments. Small joys.
The rest of the day I marveled at the world.
The fog engulfing mountains, trees, and buildings.
Store bought cheesecake and my boyfriend trying to take it from me because of my tradition.
The warmer weather we've been having the past few days.
Women talking about Vaginas.
The rumble of my car.
Electricity.
My boy's smile.
How being held by another person can make you feel safe, secure, loved and trusting.
Friends laughing and playing a video game together.
The concept of monsters and defeating them in battle.
Birthdays.
Falling for someone new.
I pass by so many miracles, so much magic.
I can't help but love it on days like these.
No comments:
Post a Comment