![]() |
| "Lines Hold The Memories" by Silvia Pelissero |
Responses to Issue #21
1. I'm freakishly good at... Oh heavens I don't know! Uhm, I'm good at being a leader among my peers (or so I'm told). I'm freakishly good at photography (for being an ametuer at least). I'm freakishly good at being cool and typing in Colemak and matching colors and making people feel comfortable/calm and finding beauty in the ugliest things.
1. I'm freakishly good at... Oh heavens I don't know! Uhm, I'm good at being a leader among my peers (or so I'm told). I'm freakishly good at photography (for being an ametuer at least). I'm freakishly good at being cool and typing in Colemak and matching colors and making people feel comfortable/calm and finding beauty in the ugliest things.
2. I geek out about how things really work (systems, mechanics, computers, the human body, the universe). I geek out about human interest stories. About humanitarian/social causes and activist groups - a lot of women's equality issues. I geek out about random writings like Edgar Allen Poe, The Watchmen, or Shakespeare. I geek out a ton on WW2 and the military channel. I geek out about emergency prep, CPR, First Aide, and natural disaster response.
3. Hmm... Horrifically superficial and shallow? I'd want more clothes, a nice new car, a sexy motorcycle, a freaking expensive and top grade camera with all the equipment possible to go along with it. I'd want an all in one Mac desktop that's like 55' or something (can you imagine the editing capabilities?!). Oh and a passport with a bajillion stamps in it.
4. What do I want to be known for? Well... That's a great question. I want to be known for being a great leader, a good example, an inspiration, and something real. I want to be known for being Macy Marin Keith, for loving life, making mistakes and taking the initiative to fix them, for screwing up completely and yet still coming out on top, for pursuing what I loved despite the doubts of never being successful in it. I want to be known for no reason other than giving people hope to keep moving forward.
5. One year off, an absurd amount of money? First, my student loans go out the window. Second, my parent's debt vanishes and they are sent off to europe to travel for a year - all expenses paid for (oh and an excursion to Brazil for Papa). Third, my siblings each get a house. Fourth, I am off to India, Cambodia, Brazil, Lithuania, Ukraine, Kenya, Ethiopia (basically everywhere around the world), to build Fistula hospitals, help women set up their own businesses or go to college, build schools for girls, start scholarships, help volunteers pay for their trips to come and help, work with women in the red light districts to get out and stay out, set up addiction recovery programs, send awareness back to those who could do something about it - the list goes on in that department. Fifth, I'd travel leisurely through Europe, then the East, the Pacific, through South America - meeting people and learning languages. I'd end with buying a nice little house and a Great Dane and get ready to go back to school.
6. "Here lies Maceface The Great. She was pretty legit."
7. I don't know. They existed and that power was once there - that's enough to hold me in check. Without them though, I'm not sure what I would become. I almost want to say I'd be mostly the same but that isn't true. If they never had existed I'd probably be promiscuous and wild. I probably wouldn't be so worried about being successful. I wouldn't be who I am really.

No comments:
Post a Comment