27 August 2012

Analogy and Thought

The Analogy
It's like a picture - a freshly printed polaroid. 
At first there is hardly anything there, just some shadows, maybe a color or two. 
     It has that potential to be beautiful. 
     It is beautiful in it's mystery and it's waiting development. 
     I like it as it is. 
However, as time goes by - this picture in my hand - it begins to come alive. 
Slowly, the shadows grow deeper, it's showing the countless colors. 
And as it progresses, as things begin to shine through, the mystery ends and the humble story begins. 
     It just keeps growing deeper - more complex. 
     It continues to heighten the contrast, to add in effects, become complete in it's telling. 
     And I can't help but fall even further. 


The Thought
"Don't judge me if I write something mushy later tonight." 
I breathe him in. I breathe him out. 
My stichting comes undone. 
It's motion, it's movement, it's all the right things.
How close is close enough?
With him - I'm invincible. 
With him - I'm incredible. 
With him - I'm myself and no one else.
I breathe him in. 
I slip and fall. 
It's never close enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment