01 November 2011

College Kid Chronicles: Issue #3

This past week... Nothing too exciting to report.

It's getting colder but no snow yet! It's been rainy but hopefully we get one last decent snow-free weekend!

School went by quickly and I discovered that I had forgotten to do a book review which I still have not done. I should definitely do that soon... I have two tests coming up. One is online and I have all week to do it, which I find absolutely lovely. The other is my Social Welfare class and I like those tests. So no worries there!

Work is going alright. I won't be getting in a lot of hours the next two weeks so my next pay check will be itty-bitty but that's okay I guess. I am going to have to find some new mode of transportation by December though because I'm losing my current one. I am pretty sure it'll all work out but I can't help but worry about it sometimes. I am just hoping my co-workers will be nice enough to give me rides... :/ Or maybe I can finally buy myself some wheels.

I came up with some more options to my future! So I figure it's always a good idea to have a back up plan for when things don't go your way... So are you ready? I'll be applying for my program in the Spring and according to my advisor the program is rather competitive to get into. I have my work experience to get me ahead but other than that I am just a normal applicant. I will try to get into my program because I know it is what I want to do (by the way I am thinking about youth probation lately), however if I do not succeed I can't apply again till the next Spring... and besides by the following Spring I'll be old enough to serve my mission so why not take the year off, go home, get a job or two, save money like a crazy fool, maybe take some art classes, then when Spring comes around apply for the program again and put in my mission papers. Might as well right? I almost like the sound of taking some time off school right about now. I should be able to get my Associates by the end of next semester... maybe just a class or two left. I don't know... what do you think? My other thought is to stay up here and work on my art minor so just art classes really... wouldn't that be absolutely marvelous? I think so...

Anyways, I went home this past weekend and loved the time away from the normal worries of school and such. I planned on doing homework but that never happened... instead I did more important things! I went and visited my second family! Papa, Mama Taylor, Gino and the Wifey Kayla! That resulted in the brand new addition to my hair! I now have a lovely little peek-a-boo of purple, red, and blue! I finally got it! I have been wanting to do this for a while and so Mama Taylor helped me by using some of my techniques that I showed her back when I cut off all my hair and did high lights! It looks great! And it you don't believe me check out the photo below! Hahaha.

The other lovely thing that happened this weekend... well if you didn't catch the depressing post then I will give you a quick run down! Maceface has gotten her heartbroken once again! Yaaay! I may be jumping to conclusions but I have been through this plenty of times in the past year to know the signs... So I am pretty sure it was exactly what I thought it was. It hurt a lot more than the last few flings because I have been longing for this kid for a few years and never really thought the worst of him, but oh well right? I've been in a funk over it but hopefully I will recover soon because my body is not reacting well to it.

When we got back from STG our home teachers came over! It may or may not have helped that I have a crush on one of them... but I asked for a Priesthood blessing. The one I had a crush on asked what for and I just told him I was having a rough time and needed some extra help... the blessing was exactly what I needed then after this kid gave me the biggest, most marvelous hug E-V-E-R (plus my roommate told me he ha a very sweet concerned look on his face). If only I had not sworn off men earlier that day, I may have fallen for him right then and there. *Sigh* Oh well...

Anyways, that is my week. Hopefully, I will no longer be in this funk! Any advice? Love you all!




This is Tabby's Lunch...



4 comments:

  1. Macy,
    Let us know how the search for transportation goes. Does CVTD go anywhere near there during the hours you need? I know it goes fairly far South, but not sure if it's far enough.
    Also just wanted to give you a word of encouragement about your broken heart. I remember how badly a broken heart hurts. I had one particularly bad heartbreak and I just remember being very sad and crying a lot for a very long time. But after a while I was crying less and less often. Then after 2 or 3 months, I realized one day that I wasn't in love with that guy any more. I still cared about and for him, but I wasn't in love. Things got easier, although I still didn't want to date for a while after that. I guess what I'm saying is that it'll suck for now, but it will get better. Don't rush into another relationship while you're still stinging from the last one; let the next relationship begin and then stand or fall on its own merits. It takes an annoying amount of patience, but things really will work better. In time, you'll think of him, smile, remember the good times, think of what could have been, and then be able to see clearly why it wouldn't have been the best thing for either of you. It seemed like every relationship I had before Ryan helped me clarify to myself what traits and attributes were most important to me in a man and to better recognize how good of a fit we were for each other.
    Hope that helps a little. Love you Maceface!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diana! It's good to be reminded that this too will pass! Haha, I am just trying to keep it together enough to function properly for school. This isn't my first heartbreak but it sure feels like it sometimes! Just keeping from drowning over here. ;)
    And yeah, I will keep you posted on the transportation situation. There is a bus that goes as far as Hyrum, but work is another five miles after that bus stop. Plus there isn't a bus running by the time I get off at ten (I usually always work the night shifts). So yeah... I don't know yet but I am trying not to get worked up about it. I tend to worry more than I should so I think it's best if I just save up and see where I get to by that point. If I have to, I may find employment somewhere closer to home, even though I really don't want to do that.
    Thanks so much for being there for me Diana! It's so nice to know that I can come to you and Ryan when I need somebody. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As your older, wiser sister I should have great words of wisdom, but I really don't. All I can say is stay true to who you are, let your heart heal, and also keep it open for someone else to enter into it. It seems like it will never happen, and I know how that feels, but if it's meant to be, then everything and everyone will fall into place. I love you lots and miss you even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you more than anything Lindsay! Thank you for those wise words!

    ReplyDelete