17 November 2011

CKC #5: The Typical Test Week

I know, I know, I am late! I was falling asleep last night and realized that Tuesday had come and gone and I had not recorded it for all my family and friends to see! Ah! But here I am repenting and I hope you thoroughly enjoy this weeks' ranting and raves.

Well, this past week we were able to sign up for next semesters classes and I (as usual) get so very excited because I like the change in curriculum far more than I should. Although I will be done with my Social Welfare 101 class, I am on to the next ones which are: 'Human Behavior in the Social Environment' and 'Social Work with Diverse Populations'. Whoo! This whole career thing is starting to hit me...
I also took my math placement test this week (finally) and got into Stats 1040 which is the exact class I needed. I was able to pass with a few pointers from my roommate and great guessing skills. I guess I am not so terrible at math after all! Or maybe it's just luck.
With classes though, I am trying to decided whether to take a full 18 credits of classes I really need or if I should take one off and do something fun... mainly I really just want to take the snowboarding class because I am dying to learn how to do it and this would be a great excuse to actually get me there!

((A side note: What I learned when you have five tests in one week - You really should read the chapters as you go.))

With registering for classes there is this tradition of staying up till midnight and hopping on and registering for your classes before the classes you really want fill up! We did this two nights in a row because we are all in different credit standings. We put out all the blankets and pillows in our living room and watched movies and played games until it came time to register. It was rather fun and needless to say the blankets and pillows are still there... We've slept in the living room for the past three days. Aren't we cool?
This whole phenomenon reminds me of winter... Probably because I am reminded of this one time when I was with Ryan and Diana and we had just gotten back from a trip down south and their house was FREEZING so we stayed up in the living room with a heater, drinking hot cocoa and playing monopoly waiting for the house to warm up. I love memories like that and I think this whole sleeping/hanging out on the living room floor is becoming a favorite winter past time for me.

I also finished up another round of tests this week and did rather well. I did super well on a class I hardly even attend anymore (which I found funny), and even better on my Biology test that I got up at four in the morning to review on my awesome chalkboard and whiteboard! ((I found a full size whiteboard at DI, this one was only 8 bucks)). I find that having everything written up in front of me helps me connect the concepts better, plus I just have this obsession with giant chalkboards.

Other than that, work is going well. I will be working Thanksgiving but I was given Christmas and New Years off so I will be able to come home for two weeks not having to worry about anything! Yaaay! I'll be able to see the grandparents plus Ryan&Co! :)

Well, I suppose that is all. I need to write a few papers and get ready for one more test! I hope you are all doing well! Love you!

Sincerely,
me.


1 comment:

  1. I love how you can make an average week such an interesting read...

    ReplyDelete