My first initial thought was "Uh... what would I write about?" I am a college student in a small little town and I basically work, study, and (according to my sister) party. What could I possibly have to say about what is happening in my life? "Hey guys, I passed my test this week and went to this awesome party where I got rejected by this really hott boy." Is it just me or does that sound completely pathetic?
Well, just for my mommy I am going to give this whole weekly update a shot and we're going to try and keep it legit. I am too lazy to really try and move it anywhere else but I hope ya'll who don't read my blog (aka if there any that even do) don't mind hearing all these silly little things.
Kay, well great.
...
Now I have no idea what to say. I built up such a great introduction and let it all fall to pieces upon arrival to the main idea. Sounds like the usual rounds of every English paper I have ever written.
Oh there is something! I am currently working on a marvelous paper for my English class. It's an argumentative/persuasive essay (or rather a short version of what I will be writing) and my main argument is those pursuing Social Service Majors should be required to study abroad. Maybe more directly to places like Africa, Ethiopia, China, India, ya know, the places where there is some real poverty. I think Europe would be a great place to study because most countries there are doing the whole Socialist Social Welfare approach and what not. I find these things fascinating because I am going into Social Work and as of right now I would very much like to do my career abroad.
My other classes are going by alright. Nothing is as interesting as my Social Welfare class, but I deal with all the others because they ALL intertwine. It's insane. My Human Development, Psychology, and Biology class are all overlapping and it blows my mind. They will bring up something that I learned the previous day in another class and I will feel like they are all working together to make my school work that much more awesome.
Currently, I am thinking about serving a mission for my church. Of course, this would not be able to even be an open option to me for another year and half so I have no idea why I am even thinking of this now but I suppose I am just throwing it out there because it is something to say and also because I want it recorded that the girl who said she would not serve a mission and would much rather focus on school just said that she is considering it.
No exciting news on the boy front. Sorry for all those anxiously anticipating that one. No my dear family and friends, I highly doubt I will be getting married by the end of my Sophomore year. You may all want to recalculate your bets... maybe put them in a higher age range like 32 years or never in this mortal life perhaps? Hahahaha!
Uhm... Uhm... I think that is all I got for this week folks. Tune in next time?
Sincerely,
me



I thought it was thought provoking and interesting. Loved it all. Now I feel caught up.
ReplyDeleteMacy I love you and your blog!! :) I will always read your posts xx
ReplyDeleteLOL Love that you included me in so much of your blog! Just remember to keep 'move to a foreign country' on your list of requirements for marriage and you'll be set! Of course, I didn't do that, but you never know, it could help to put it out there in the universe. Love you!
ReplyDelete