25 July 2011

28 Piece

#28 (This is ridiculous) What if you were to get pregnant? What would you do?

Let me tell you a funny story.
One day, I was fifteen years old, I had told my brother of this boy I had kissed. I had made him promise to never say a word to Mama. (Mama is scary). However, one night we are sitting at the dinner table and my brother mentions the kiss. My mother, with one nonchalant, momentary stare, says "Ya know what kissing leads to, Macy?" "No Mama." I hardly whisper the words as she says "Kissing leads to babies."
That was my sex talk as a child and it was enough to deter me from ever even contemplating making that mistake.

However, being technical and going along with the whole "What if" thing. What if I were to get pregnant out of wedlock? Well, simple. I would dump the sorry loser, refuse any shotgun wedding, have the child and put him/her up for adoption to a lovely couple who could provide them with a mother and a father. That is the same advice I would give anyone in that position.

No comments:

Post a Comment