31 March 2011

21 Peice

#21 Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?

I'll tell you what happened. 


I had decided I was not going to talk to him. I was done with him. Finished. He hurt me. He crossed the line. So, I didn't talk to him. I didn't look at him. I didn't acknowledge him. The break finally came and I went to Pennsylvania for the Holiday. I was happy. Forgetting about home. It was great to be with my family. 
As we were driving around Pittsburgh I get a text from a friend. "Did you know he got in a car accident?" I felt sick. So sick. I was worried. At that moment I just wanted to run home and to his side and hold him close to me. So many questions ran through my head. Was he alright? Did he break anything? How bad was it? I gave in and texted him, not sure if he'd answer. Our conversation was short. I found out he was fine, only banged up and bruised, that was enough for me. I went back to not talking to him, but boy, was it hard not to think about him. 
Back at school that first day, I wanted to see him. I sat at the Piano in the choir room and waited. As he walked in I wasn't so sure I wanted to anymore. My stomach was in so many knots. I wanted to collapse in his arms, kiss him, and tell him how stupid I was and that I loved him, that he was my best friend...  I just kept my head down as he walked over, stood by me for a moment then, as I said nothing, he walked back out. How stupid was that, right? 
Later, I was walking down the far stairs in between classes. I knew he walked this way... we walked past each other countless times... at the bottom of the stairs I spotted him and without even thinking, I caught his arm and the next thing I knew I'm hugging him like I haven't seen him in years as he says, "Well, it's about time."
He was my best friend then. He was so patient with me. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment