Listening to his words, the pain welled up inside me. What could I do? How could I prevent this? A realization occurs and it's horrifying. I'm terrified. "This problem is real" he says. "Brotheren, I can't express enough the damage you can cause with this." It's true. So true.
My mind reels and the feeling grows and grows. All I can think of is him. How can I help? How can I get him out of this? I care too deeply to just sit back and watch, knowing that that is the cause of so many problems.
He pauses, "Does anyone have anything to say before we go on." I sit in my chair, feeling like I am the only one there. I don't know what to say but I have to let this out of me before I explode. I raise my hand and already the tears are present. He hands me some tissues, I begin to try and talk loud enough for the entire room to hear... but I just can't. My point is to let them know that this problem is real. That it effects so many people. I know they only sound like stories, but it is real, it is harmful, it is beyond horrific the kind of pain the people around you feel. I don't know if that got across to them, I don't know what was said in their hearts but I know they could not mistake the pain in my voice, the heartache I feel for the person in my life who I just cannot help.
They retort with the things I knew they would say, "It has to be his decision" I know "Do not blame yourself" I know... I am so thankful for the support. Relieved by telling my story... Only hoping someone else got something out of that. Otherwise, I just opened up the deepest secret I have and feeling rather silly for it.
Pornography is the filthiest, most selfish, and destructive thing in the world. You have no idea how many people can be hurt by it.
No comments:
Post a Comment