13 August 2010

Breadtruck.

It's been almost a year now since I last saw you, I suppose technically ten months. However it's been over a year since we last really talked on the side of my house in your car.
I feel a little creeper writing this but, why not? I have already supposed that I will not see you for a rather long time and I figure you don't really read my blog either, so I am going to say it's a safe bet to just rant on about you.

First things first. I really did/do care about you. It's legit okay? You were a dear friend to me. When I think about it, we never really spent a whole lot of time together but when I was with you, I felt like I didn't have to impress you or lie because honestly I may have liked you but you didn't put on a show or lead me on. Okay wait, there were times I was confused but hey, I knew you and I knew we weren't like that.
(I'm sounding rather funny I believe, like that silly thirteen year old you first met)
Now here's the weird part. I saw a lot of things in you... I saw trust and security, duty bound; I saw a kind, warm heart and the potential to be anything you aimed to be. I saw in you honesty and friendship, compassion and sincerity. I understand that sometimes I didn't see these attributes at all, and sometimes you weren't genuine at all. But it comes down to this, I saw light in you.
There was something in you... a dim light that I always knew you'd find. It was a comforting light to me, a hope for something better. A hope for forgiveness and acceptance. A light of comfort and strength.

You know... I believe I may be clinging onto your memory because you're something familiar to me and something I haven't quite finished with yet (but then again I feel that way towards most of my St. George memories). Maybe there's a reason you keep popping into my head... and maybe I'm just being childish and naive. However, whatever the reason may be... I want you to know that this young lady has and always will believe in you.
Eighty years from now, I am still hoping that I'll see you on the Television, addressing the country and I'll be able to say "Hey, that's my dear friend! I haven't talked to him in ages, it must be three days now!" Or perhaps one day I will be diving a bread truck... and we'll run into each other on 7th and 7th.

I may not have been anything important to you, but you were something to me... And I just needed to say it out loud somewhere.

All the joy in the world is what I hope for you. God be with you my friend.
Sincerely,
Me.

2 comments:

  1. I love you. I need you. You are the most amazing person I know. :) Don't forget it.


    EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too. :)

    You are the reason I keep writing.

    ReplyDelete